Sunday 25 August 2013

The sweet guy next door: Kang Gary




 

     Some of you might ask: Who's he? It's normal. Lemme introduce you to Korean Hip Hop artist, Gary of Leessang. Now, I never knew who he was until i watched Running Man although i did listened to his album Asura Balbalta before. He doesn't have the best look and he has the typical Asian face as some say. His Running Man co-workers sometimes call him ugly to his face. 
     But i do believe personality beats looks for his case. After watching him for more than a hundred episodes on Running Man, i think he's the most charming person as girl could ever wish.
     I won't say he has the temperament of a saint but his patience is most admirable. Even though his friends loves to joke about his looks, he's still cool about it, even joined in making fun of his own looks. So for someone to really make him angry, I'd say that person has gone overboard. Though i never seen him angry before, so i'm not going to comment on that. 
     Gary from what i can conclude, could be a very loyal and loving partner. He's considerate and real sweet towards his make believe partner Song Ji Hyo. I consider him to be romantic. It's cute seeing how he would try to impress Ji Hyo or grab her attention. It's a shame though that they couldn't be a real couple.  
     Although he looks blur and even serious at times, he does occasionally makes jokes. Gary doesn't try to outshine everyone, as in he is so down to earth, he's always being taken for granted. He mostly looks blur and even the way he talks is slurred but really, he's pretty intelligent when he needs to be. It's sad that he doesn't have confidence in himself even though he's pretty talented. If you watch Running Man, he shows his hidden talents at times. 
     His little actions at times really reflects his caring attitude. He is worth keeping. I will say, his loyalty is.... precious. Hmm... he likes to call himself "Dog" (His name sounds like Dog in Korean) and i guess i can link his loyalty to a dog's loyalty. Like the boy next door, he will be looking out for you from a distant and help you when you need help. 
     I admire his work. I guess you can say, it's because of Leessang, I was exposed to hip hop culture and I love listening to their songs. Most of their songs are composed by Gary and if you take the time to read the lyrics, it does carry certain messages. It's meaningful, unlike other artist who would throw in random words into their songs and it doesn't make sense. I would recommend hip hop lovers to check out their songs. I personally love: The Boy Who Can't Break Up, The Girl Who Can't Leave, You are the answer to a guy like me, Recall, The pursuit of happiness & My Love. I know what you are thinking, "why are the titles so long?", I don't know. Check out some of the lyrics and quotes from Gary, I find it really meaningful.






No comments:

Post a Comment