Monday 9 September 2013

Definition of a successful marriage: Sean and Jung Hye Young

     I have shown my concern regarding marriages nowadays because people don't seems to take importance in it. One silly conflict and they'll be up to the judges neck about a divorce. Therefore, there aren't much quality marriages these days. Young people are taking marriages for granted.
     I really admire married couple that manages to love each other everyday and take marriage as a sacred union. One that requires full commitment and responsibilities. In Hollywood, there's not much i can look up to. I heard that the Eastern culture are now overtaking the West in terms of divorce rate, i'm not sure how true is that. I think that Asian's are bound to cultures and traditions, so I don't think they are likely to take marriage as a joke. 
     That aside. I see some good examples of a successful marriage in some korean couples. I'm not saying all Korean are good partner material. It's just that I observed this particular couple and I admire their spirit. Yes, as the title suggested. It's Sean and Jung Hye Young. They are perfect as husband and wife. Harmoniously working together like a team to bring up their four children and still manages to do so much for charity. 9 years of marriage and still going strong, I say that's really impressive especially with 4 small kids on tow. If you don't call this a successful family then I don't know what is. If only the people nowadays still practice habits like this, divorces wouldn't be a global issue. <le sigh>
They look sweet don't they?
     But of course there is many other blissful marriages in the world but i chose this as an example because they just shine, through the works they are doing. Occasionally we will hear love stories about old couple that has been married for 50-60 years and still love each other very much and would die together too, well, that is a successful marriage too. If a husband and wife can be loving, committed and responsible in a marriage, the family they brought up are also successful.
    I consider Hollywood couple to be a bit unpredictable, they can look so happy one minute then divorce the next. Take for example Seal and Heidi Klum. I thought that is one couple that can last forever, then they disappoint me. I don't really know if it's because of media exposure or the desire to hog the limelight that caused a lot of Hollywood stars to get married hastily and divorce within a few months. The most horrible example is Kim K. I really hate her, not just her whiny attitude but she's vain. And an attention seeker.
     I think Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale is going pretty steady too. So hope they stay that way. As for korean celebrities, here are a few that looks promising. (Sean and Hye Young included) At least, i would say that, at least they don't really let the media influence their marriage, which i think are what mostly caused a marriage failure in Hollywood.
http://www.soompi.com/2013/02/14/happy-valentines-day-soompiers-top-10-married-celebrity-couples/

No comments:

Post a Comment